Schedule & News
- December 9, 2019. Moore By Four Holiday 7:00 pm @ Crooners Supper Club
- December 10, 2019. Moore By Four Holiday 7:00 pm @ Crooners Supper Club
- December 12, 2019. First Year Holiday Cheer! 5:30 pm @ Nord Social Hall
- December 28, 2019. Jazz at St. Barney’s 7:00 pm @ St. Barnabas Lutheran Church
- December 30, 2019. “Holiday at Dunsmore Lodge” 6:00 pm @ Crooners
- December 30, 2019. “Holiday at Dunsmore Lodge” 8:30 pm @ Crooners
- December 31, 2019. “New Years Eve at Dunsmore Lodge” 5:00 pm @ Crooners
- December 31, 2019. “New Years Eve at Dunsmore Lodge” 8:00 pm @ Crooners
Looking to book an event? Contact Connie.
Hot Shot Debut
Sweet Happy Life debuts at number 10 on the Billboard jazz chart!
Connie’s upbeat compilation of sixteen songs, featuring the lyrics of Norman Gimbel — who is most well known for “The Girl from Ipanema” — is what Weekend Edition Sunday guest host Susan Stamberg pops in her CD player when the news gets to be too much. Listen to the interview here
Best Jazz of 2012
Sweet Happy Life was included in the best jazz of 2012 by Raymond Kent of WWOZ, New Orleans.
- Vijay Iyer, Accelerando.
- Ahmad Jamal, Blue Moon.
- Connie Evingson, Sweet Happy Life.
- Marcus Miller, Renaissance.
- Victor Wooten: Sword and Stone.
- Brian Bromberg: In the Spirit of Jobim.
- Brian Bromberg: Bromberg Plays Hendrix.
- Tia Fuller: Angelic Warrior.
- Jenny Scheinmann: Mischief & Mayhem.
- Anat Cohen: Claroscuro.
- Esperanza Spalding: Radio Music Society.
Sweet Happy Life makes the JazzWeek Top 100 of the Year 2012! JazzWeek Top 100 of the Year 2012
Hear Connie sing “America the Beautiful” at MPR’s Women’s City Cabaret
at the Fitzgerald Theater, click on “Listen to Part 2” and fast-forward to 23:15 minutes. Listen
WUSF in Tampa
Connie was featured with Kevin Mahagony on Saturday Night Jazz at WUSF in Tampa. Listen to the interview here
Root Music Report
Sweet Happy Life debuts at #2 on the Roots Music Report Jazz Chart!
Sweet Happy Life reaches #10 on JazzWeek’s National Jazz Radio Chart!
Connie’s recording of “Django’s Premonition” (from her CD Gypsy in My Soul) was featured on Russell Davie’s BBC radio show! Listen
Connie was interviewed regarding hot club jazz by Pamela Espeland at MinnPost.com. Read the full article.
College Jazz Chart
“Connie’s New CD Little Did I Dream hits #8 on the College Jazz Chart! 4/08/08″
Connie was profiled in the September 2006 Read the full article
“Fixing a Hole” from Let it Be Jazz was included in this Fresh Air segment on Friday, June 1. Listen here.
Connie’s latest CD Stockholm Sweetnin’ with The Hot Club of Sweden was released in July 2006! Here’s what Bruce Swedien, Recording Engineer for Quincy Jones, has to say about it: “This collection makes me proud to be from Minneapolis! I can’t put this lovely album away – I play it all the way through at least once every day… [Stockholm Sweetnin’] is high quality popular music that is both entertaining and intelligent!!– Bruce Swedien, Recording Engineer and Producer
Gypsy in My Soul reached #8 on JazzWeek’s National Jazz Radio Chart! Connie was nominated for JazzWeek’s 2005 Jazz Vocalist of the Year, along with Madeline Peyroux, Curtis Stigers and Tierney Sutton!
Connie’s hit show: Fever – The Peggy Lee Story was featured as part of O’Shaughnessy’s 2004 – ’05 Women of Substance Series.
Connie is featured in Swing Journal, the Japanese magazine for jazz devotees. September 2003 issue. Click here for the English translation
Connie is featured on a compilation CD put out by Sharper Image along with Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Janice Siegel, Oleta Adams, and others.